Slim your pockets with customizable Ferris Keys + Wallet. Organize it all with ModStation, and streamline your out-the-door routine.
Pledge for a KeyLoop if you have 6 keys or fewer. Pledge for a KeyFolio if you have more. (Both hold your car fob, too!) You can pick a Pledge or hit the Back This Project button. Extra items are easy, simply add to your total (to be specified later in a post-campaign survey). If you get stuck, we’ve created the FAQ above for you, with more details + answers.
If you’re like us, you try keeping things tidy– but you still waste time every day looking for your wallet, phone, keys and sunglasses. To create a better out-the-door experience, we’ve reimagined a way to organize and carry these everyday essentials.
Our mission at Distil Union is to create products that solve life’s little frustrations in a way that makes you smile. We’re an independent design studio that’s fueled entirely by crowd-funding since 2012 (this is our 9th Kickstarter– all successful and delivered on time ?)!
For years we’ve heard what hundreds of you struggle with when it comes to the stuff you walk out the door with every day– so we’ve distilled the problem into an elegant solution which, of course, involves magnets…
As it turns out, the best key ring isn’t a ring at all.
Built for those of us always on the go, Ferris makes life a little bit easier by improving the things you carry and how you store them.
It’s time to retire the keyring for something more fun and flexible.
Ferris is a series of secure magnetic components that easily come together and quickly reconfigure as needed. Powered by MagLock, you can slim down and carry only what you need in an instant– no more, no less, and no tools required.
There are many solutions that have tried to tackle the problem of organization, but they come with their own problems or create other issues… We’ve grown accustomed to compromises and trade-offs, but these little frustrations really add up! We wanted to reclaim that time, and our sanity… A simple solution is long overdue:
We’re passionate about designing products that simplify your life in clever ways, and after years of exploration and development, we’ve created a simple modular system named Ferris.
Streamline your routine. Walk out the door with lighter pockets, and leave the rest neatly organized on the Ferris ModStation– a modern catch-all for your most common out-the-door items.
This is Ferris, a hassle-free system of everyday essentials.
Ferris lets your wallet and keychain adapt to what you need to carry– eliminating clutter and increasing peace of mind.
We set out to create a better key organizer, and arrived at a system that’s more than simply functional– Ferris saves you time and space, and adapts to your life in a fun and meaningful way. That’s why Ferris is all about customization– there’s no longer a need to carry different solutions. Instead, make what you carry work for you:
Grab a cover that suits your style and accommodates your carry, or pick a combination that adapts to meet your specific needs from day to day (this is the ideal solution for those of you who have multiple sets of keys, but you don’t need to have them all on you all the time).
You can easily stack and rearrange– even combine your keys and wallet into one consolidated carry so you have one less thing to remember.
Scale up or down. Carry only what you need– no more, no less, and no tools required!
Ferris is powered by our patent-pending MagLock. This magnetic locking mechanism gives you the perfect balance of security and access that so many key-organizing solutions fail to provide.
Free a key instantly to easily swap out + share as needed.
Ferris leathergoods work with KeyMods– the heart of the Ferris family. They are made with neodymium magnets and Cordura, a nylon well-known for its durability and abrasion resistance. Behind these small mechanisms are years of development and testing to achieve a connection that is:
- SECURE In your pocket, your bag, dropped on the ground, taking a tumble down the stairs… Your keys will remain securely snapped together.
- FLEXIBLE Magnets join together quickly and easily. They rotate smoothly for key access without removal, and allow for sharing without the need for a tool.
The KeyMods work like double-sided magnetic snaps: Nesting magnets with a male/female construction make a magnet-to-magnet connection that’s incredibly strong and allows for rotation. This new MagLock works differently than our MagLock Sunglasses, redesigned and optimized for keys to snap together and rotate.
In order to accommodate the majority of keys that people carry, we created two types: KeyMod Clicks and KeyMod Sticks. View the Key Guide and video to learn how they work with your keys in our first Update.
Any larger keychain items (like a car fob, Tile tracker, or sentimental boondoggles) can be kept on the custom-designed FobRing included with the KeyLoop and the KeyFolio.
Made to last, with durable materials that feel great in your hand– and look great in your home.
It all comes together with the Ferris ModStation: A sleek and modern catch-all that gives everything a proper place. Cutting visual clutter not only saves your sanity:
- ModStation helps you stay organized
- reduces the likelihood of lost items
- makes your out-the-door routine quicker and easier
Ferris ModStation is so much more than a mail-catch. We call it a “catch-all” because the slim steel tray is designed to accommodate your phone, a Kindle, a notebook, and other similarly sized items
ModStation will even hold onto your phone’s charging cable so it’s always there when you need it– instead of falling behind your desk or getting lost entirely…
ModStation is made of steel with a smooth powder-coat finish. Easy to mount where you need it, all ModStations include a set of screws as well as a panel of 3M removable adhesive that’s also magnetic (so you can mount ModStation to any magnetic surface, like a fridge or steel door).
- Stop searching for your stuff.
- Streamline your routine.
- And take back your time.
Everyone’s needs are different, and we’re excited to hear how Ferris adapts to meet yours 🙂
DIY: How to Customize Your Ferris
- Ferris is modular. Each element of the Ferris System has its own pledge level: KeyLoop, KeyFolio, ModWallet and ModStation. Each is a complete product that stands alone, or can be added to for custom solutions (see Ferris Recommendation Matrix below).
- Want additional items? We want you to have the best Ferris experience, so all Add-Ons are at Early Bird prices! It’s a great deal for all who pledge– so they’re only available as Add-Ons in addition to one of the Pledge Levels. 1. Select a Pledge Level. 2. Grab a calculator and check the Add-Ons Menu . 3. Enter the total amount as your pledge.
- The Easy Button = Pick one of the KITS (assortments at a discount). It’s the perfectly easy way to get started with Ferris. You can pick a KIT from the blue menu above and call it a day, or add additional items to your KIT by doing the math and entering the total amount for your pledge.
Our Best Advice: Pledge at the level that looks good to you, and relax knowing that you’ll have the ability after the campaign to adjust your pledge and select colors. You can also message us with what you carry, we’re happy to make recommendations! Check out the Ferris Carry Guide– count what you carry, then click to enlarge:
We’ve been designing products (and eating noodles) together for over a decade, and this is our 9th Kickstarter– our very first was in 2012, when our Snooze iPhone Stand literallykickstarted our new business.
The excitement and feedback we receive from the crowd-funding community plays an integral role in how we bring new products to the market. We’ve delivered on every single Kickstarter, so you can feel confident backing this project.
For the past two+ years, we’ve gone through countless prototypes to refine our ideas and work through all the details. We’ve listened to what frustrates you about your daily items, and we’re excited to share our hard work with you– and for Ferris to make a difference in your everyday.
The Ferris Collection is our biggest undertaking to date, and we’re back on Kickstarter because we need your help. We’re seeking the funding that we need for materials and manufacturing for the first Ferris production run.
We’re working with trusted manufacturing partners whom we’ve worked with before– and in January we relocated to Asia so we can be close to the factory to ensure everything runs smoothly. As production progresses we’ll keep you informed along the way, and let our Backers in behind the scenes with updates while we work to bring Ferris to life.
Last but not least: We need your help to get the word out about Ferris– every share helps!
We’re super excited to be back on Kickstarter with you, and we truly hope Ferris makes your life a little easier 🙂
Nate and Lindsay would like to thank our friends and family while they’ve been on this tireless product-development adventure across the globe! A special shout-out to those who made this campaign possible:
- Josh Kozono: Video Production, Lighting, Sound, and Editing. Arigatou gozaimasu Josh and Jun for sharing your warm home, and for the tastiest takoyaki in Tokorozawa!
- Rebecca Pollett: Customer Support and Charleston Office
- The Mills Fabrica: Co-Working Studio and Prototyping Lab in Hong Kong
TIMELINE for Production and Delivery
Testing and shooting has all been done with hand-made samples. This allows us to make big changes and little tweaks along the way; the latest set of samples (what you see in the video) is incredibly close to what Ferris will be in production. To get these samples and stay on schedule, we were down to the wire, but our fantastic team made it happen (including a dash around Tokyo to locate the right FedEx)! Here’s a basic schedule so you can see what our projected delivery date will be:
- MAY = Kickstarter campaign begins!
- JUNE = We can initiate tooling during the campaign, giving us a head start on elements of production which take more time, like ordering materials and making the tools needed to create components.
- JULY = The first in-production samples will be approved; we will inspect at the factory.
- AUGUST = Production is completed; we will inspect at the factory. Products in packaging will ship to our US warehouse.
- SEPTEMBER = Delivery to Backers begins!